PROTOform congratulates Thailand’s Meen Vejrak on his victory at the 2012 IFMAR 1/10 IC World Championships!
Vejrak, better known as “Meen V” thrilled the local crowd at RC Addict with a spectacular performance in the hour-long Final, driving his PROTOform P37-N from 4th on the grid to become the 5th different world champion in 5 editions of this event. PROTOform Race Bodies swept the final grid, with 8 other drivers following Meen V’s lead racing the P37-N to combat the ultra-high grip surface, and Team PROTOform’s Francesco Tironi sticking with the SRS-N.
Multi-talented Japanese star Atsushi Hara came up just short once again, matching his runner-up result from the Electric Worlds in July. Tironi bumped his way up into the finals through 3 preliminary races after struggling in qualifications, then drove up to the podium for his best ever Worlds finish.
2012 IFMAR Nitro Touring Car World Championship Final Results
- Meen Vejrak / THA / PROTOform P37-N
- Atsushi Hara / JPN / PROTOform P37-N
- Francesco Tironi / ITA / PROTOform SRS-N
- Andy Moore / GBR / PROTOform P37-N
- Chavit Sirigupta / THA / PROTOform P37-N
- Keisuke Fukuda / JPN / PROTOform P37-N
- Alexander Hagberg / SWE / PROTOform P37-N
- Jilles Groskamp / NL / PROTOform P37-N
- Cheung Hang Hung / HK / PROTOform P37-N
- Teemu Leino (TQ) / FIN / PROTOform P37-N
Meen V’s win gave PROTOform it’s 2nd IFMAR World Championship in Nitro Touring and 18th title overall. It was our second clean sweep of a World Championship Top 10 this year as well.