2000 World Champion Atsushi Hara will lead a field of 10 PROTOform LTC-R‘s in the finals at this year’s IFMAR Touring Car World Championships.
The event has seen many unexpected twists and turns, from concerns over controlled tires, to delays in technical inspection leading to the postponement of qualifying, to rain washing out Round 5 of qualifying, followed by a controversial decision to run Round 6 in wet conditions. Hara, Frenchman Loic Jasmin, and Brits Andy Moore and Chris Grainger capitalized on a progressively drying track to vault into the top 10, just before the rains started again to wipe away many top racers’ last dash chances to make the finals.
In the end it was a clean sweep of the A-Main for drivers using the PROTOform LTC-R, ensuring that the race body will capture back-to-back World Championships after Marc Rheinard’s win in Germany two years ago.
2012 IFMAR Touring Car World Championship A-Main Grid
- Atsuhi Hara / JPN / PROTOform LTC-R
- Ronald Volker / GER / PROTOform LTC-R
- Jilles Groskamp / NED / PROTOform LTC-R
- Marc Rheinard / GER / PROTOform LTC-R
- Viktor Wilck / SWE / PROTOform LTC-R
- Naoto Matsukura / JPN / PROTOform LTC-R
- Christopher Krapp / GER / PROTOform LTC-R
- Loic Jasmin / FRA / PROTOform LTC-R
- Andy Moore / GBR /PROTOform LTC-R
- Chris Grainger / GBR / PROTOform LTC-R
Log on tomorrow to LiveRC.com to follow all the action from the PROTOform Broadcast Studio.
Photo courtesy RedRC.net