The best-of-the-best in RC touring car descended upon Nor-Cal Hobbies in Union City, CA this past weekend for the 2012 Reedy Race of Champions, and once again PROTOform proved to be the fastest name in race bodies.
PROTOform drivers swept not only the podium, but the entire top 10 of the invitational class at the prestigious event. Sweden’s Viktor Wilck captured his first Reedy Race title in dramatic fashion in the final round of the event’s unique 8-round format, narrowly outpacing Germany’s Ronald Völker and The Netherland’s Jilles Groskamp. Eric Albano took home the Open Modified division running PROTOform as well, automatically earning a berth in next year’s Invitational class.
Traction came at a premium all weekend long as drivers struggled with chilly, windy track conditions. The majority of racers turned to PROTOform’s LTC-R body, specifically designed for paved, low-grip, rubber tire applications.
2012 Reedy Race of Champions – Touring Car Invitational Top 10
- Viktor Wilck – PROTOform LTC-R
- Ronald Völker - PROTOform LTC-R
- Jilles Groskamp - PROTOform LTC-R
- Hayoto Matsuzaki - PROTOform LTC-R
- Juho Levänen - PROTOform LTC-R
- Marc Rheinard - PROTOform LTC-R
- Paul Lemieux - PROTOform LTC-R
- Akio Sobue - PROTOform LTC-R
- Tyler Vik - PROTOform LTC-R
- Alexander Hagberg - PROTOform LTC-R
2012 Reedy Race of Champions – Touring Car Open Modified
2012 Reedy Race of Champions – Touring Car 13.5
2012 Reedy Race of Champions – Touring Car 17.5
- James Davenport - PROTOform LTC-R
- Devin Patterson - PROTOform LTC-R
- Austin Brumblay - PROTOform LTC-R
Congratulations to Viktor and all our drivers! Best of luck in preparations for the upcoming IFMAR World Championship in the Netherlands.